Friday 16 October 2015

Passionate Patience

'Cancer' is not a word I expected to apply to me until I was a little old lady, if then. I do not want to be labelled as simply a 'cancer patient', or, in time, 'cancer survivor', but I do want to process the journey through writing this blog.  I hope that through sharing my meandering thoughts, others may be encouraged and God glorified. Regardless of what happens in our lives, God remains constant, faithful and unflappably in control.


The Apostle Paul wrote, "There’s more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we’re hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we’re never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can’t round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!" (Romans 5:3-5 - The Message)

That's why this blog is called 'developing passionate patience'.

No comments:

Post a Comment